I recently had a baby girl and she’s now 5 months old. Any new mum can agree with me that we literally have no time for anything these days, we don’t have time to even shower let alone cook ! I have weekly mothers group gatherings and all the ladies tend to bring dips and food and snacks for us to eat, and this week I decided while the bub was asleep to quickly whip up something fresh and healthy for our amazing new mums! I don’t have much time so trust me when I tell you this recipe is so quick and so easy !
So here is my secret recipe! After making this for my friends and fellow mums at our weekly mums group gathering, I’ve decided to share my recipe due to the sweet compliments for my ooey gooey blueberry banana bread! Don’t get scared by the title, this banana bread really is easy and so quick to make, ittakes 10mins to prep and 1 hr and 10 mins in the oven, then its done! You will feel like a chef and make everyone in the room happy !
The key to a good banana bread is
1. Not overly sweet
2. Loads of gooey banana bits
3. Loads of Blueberry bits
5. Crispy exterior
6. Full of Flavour
7. Guilt free! Low Calorie!
So with all this in mind, here is my recipe!
- 4 bananas
- 1 handful of bluberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 caster sugar or brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 coconut oil
- 1/4 Hazelnut Milk or any milk you have
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees fan forced.
- Grease Baking tin.
- Throw all the ingredients into a mixing bowl except the blueberries. Mix well, then add the blueberries in last and carefully fold it with a spatula to stop the blueberries from breaking.
- Pour into baking tin
- Bake for 1 hr 10 min. Stick a wooden chopstick in to test if the insides are all cooked, if it is gooey then bake for another 10 min , if its clean then the banana bread is ready to eat!
- Take it out and let it cool for 10 min then enjoy!
- Recipe by Angelina Anderson